My Funky History with Crystalline Grids...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Funky History with Crystalline Grids...

Oh you Funky Crystalline Grids, we've had quite a ride together.

Now that the first Introduction to Crystalline Grids workshop has been facilitated at Enter the Earth and everyone had a good buzzy time, I wanted to expand my story about my relationship with crystalline grids.

If you would prefer to make a long story short, please skip down to the last couple paragraphs.  Those of you who actually want to work through a long monologue of my life with grids, please continue with fair warning that it is a long story.

My history with Crystalline Grids began in the fall of 1998.  My father was in a fight with cancer and I had been introduced to energy work through Reiki training and discovered that the attunements to Reiki kinda popped me open like a kernel of popcorn in a microwave.  I interacted with a friend of a friend, Bart, who was a Karuna Reiki Master through William Rand's International Reiki Training Center.  Bart showed me a "Reiki Grid", which consisted of 7 stones in a 6-pointed star configuration with a center stone in the middle.  He "activated" this stone configuration with a crystal point and then let me feel it.  I guess it's fair to say that this particular moment changed my life.  Thanks Bart. 

The activated Reiki Grid that Bart showed to me was so powerful and tangible, that I couldn't help but to be totally excited and impassioned about the technique. I had just moved to Asheville at the time, because I was a little too "blasted open" to pretend to be normal anymore, and so I had started a little business selling energy healing tools on the Internet.  The basic Reiki Grid that Bart showed me became a staple in the resources that I offered.  I made the first departure from the traditional Reiki Grid technique after reading one of Katrina Raphael's books on crystal healing.  She had discussed the stone selenite and how it was such an exceptional channel of light, and after exploring it myself, it made far more sense to me to use a selenite wand to activate a grid than a crystal point.

Moving forward a little in time, but still before 2000, a friend of mine came to visit me with her 10-ish grandson, who I must admit, was a bit of a prodigy.  He was interested in rocks so I happily showed him a rose quartz Reiki Grid.  I activated the grid and the boy just looked at it, then grabbed another set of rocks and put them side by side with the rose quartz.  He looked at me and simply said, "If you put another set of stones in there, you can have both those energies running at the same time."  After reactivating the Reiki Grid to test his theory, by golly, out of the mouth of babes.  He was absolutely right!  I then upgraded my concept to a "double grid" where I was able to put two stone energies together at one time in an utterly delightful way.

I'm not sure when I discovered that you could change out the center stone for something totally unique, but that happened somewhere in there.  I explored the different kinds of center stones and what they did to change the structure of the energy field itself.  Round stones seemed to have a larger energy field, but were not as tight in the center.  Points in the center made the central vortex very tight, but the energy field was smaller.  Clusters were like a disco ball, as were desert rose selenite.  I was so interested in what I was doing and exploring all the possibilities that I'm sure I could have been considered "grid crazy" at that point.  So, now I was able to weave 3 different stone energies together to create a dynamic energy field in the environment within which it was set up. Groovy. There was no grid template yet because it wasn't necessary, really. It's easy enough to put 12 rocks around a central rock without needing a cheat sheet underneath it.

Something changed right after my father died in my understanding of grids and what I was doing.  I dunno, maybe my father had a better clue of what I was doing from the other side and was trying to help me along.  My father died in March of 2000, and by June of 2000, my husband and I were due to move into the house I live in now.  Before we even moved, I began doodling.  I kept wanting to move the grid format out another layer... another layer... another layer.  I remember looking at the wall while imagining this webbed, interconnected master "grid" type geometry just reaching out and out into infinity.  It's hard to explain it, but it felt like something about that "weave" held the key to understanding how we are all both individuals and also interconnected at the same time.  Anyway, I had quite a few weird moments like that during that phase of my life.  Honestly, no drugs were involved. 

As soon as I moved into my house I began to have the overwhelming urge to create an art piece that took the "Reiki Grid" out another level or two.  I took a 2X2 square of wood, painted it in rainbow colors and gold and then began to glue stones and selenite sticks into place.  The result was very moving, but not very perfect.  My lines were definitely not super straight, but of course, I was doing it by sight, not by geometry.  I had no idea there was an underlying structure to the "straight lines" that I used to create the geometry I was seeing.  Oy Veh, sometimes it just takes me a while.

A few weeks after creating the art piece, my friend Tom from eBay came to visit me. Tom was an avid student of the Flower of Life work by Drunvalo Melchizedek. Tom showed me the Seed of Life geometry and I was just sorta dumbstruck. I remember saying, "I can use this for grids." So, I took the circles of the Seed of Life and married that with the "straight lines" I was drawn to use to expand the geometry and they were (duh) a perfect fit. Looking back, it seems clear that two and two was desperately wanting to be put in an equation that I would notice. It wasn't just that I could use the Seed of Life template with my lines for grids... but that the lines were the Seed of Life without the circles. I just had it Bass Ackwards. (story of my life...) Thanks Tom.

The Original Grid Template Created in 2000

Anyway, then things started cooking with gas. OMG. Talk about buzzy stuff. The grid template that I created (with the help of quite a few aha moments and groovy people) was a beautiful tool to help organize the evolved 5-stone layer Crystalline Grid with the option of a unique center stone.  I really enjoyed opening up to my intuitive flow and putting the combinations of stones together that supported a specific energetic goal.  I also enjoyed exploring how the different center stones matched up with different kinds of work.  Golly, those were fun days.  I was following my passion and selling the heck out of Crystalline Grids on eBay while, pretty much, hanging out on the mountain in my pj's.

Before I went Wooey (a Stacie-ism for "spiritually whacked open"), I actually had a wonderful job training daycare providers to be better daycare providers.  I wrote workshops that I used to facilitate directly to providers, but I also wrote workshops for other professionals to use to facilitate with their daycare providers around the state.  It was a skill that I brought forth from my normal days.  My desire to share the technique of the evolved crystal grid was so strong, that I created a workshop for other Reiki Masters to use to teach their students and clients how to use the grids.  I created full workshop kits that included handouts, grid stone kits, and instructions how to create the template themselves using CD's instead of a compass.  I sold quite a few of those workshops and workshop kits, as well as pre-made Crystalline Grids, the selenite wands, and whatnot. 

I thought my first book would be about Crystalline Grids, since I seemed to be the first person to take it out as far as I did, as well as the fact that people really enjoyed the workshops and learning materials that I provided.  I did a few workshops in the area, but I was mostly a hermit, so I didn't saturate my local area with workshops.  I was content to share it with others over the Internet.  As the years went on, I was called to write the book that I eventually published, "Awake in Angelscape".  I had to stop most of everything else I was doing on eBay to complete this project.  It was huge.  It actually shocked me that my first book was not about the grids, but you know how it goes in the world of Spirit... I don't argue anymore.  "Awake in Angelscape" isn't a book about rocks, it's a book about Cooperative Spiritual Energy Work, but the rocks were pretty darn good teachers and tools that helped me have something to say about the topic.  It's essentially an awakening lightworker basic skills and 'being okay' primer.  You can find it on the website and also on Amazon.com.  I'll write about it some other time.  It's a little too multi-faceted to sum up in a paragraph. 

My book "Awake in Angelscape".

<Welcome to my ADD friends who skipped down to this paragraph so they didn't have to read my blather. :)>

So, here I am years later.  It's been since about 2006 since I've been on eBay selling Crystalline Grids or the Crystalline Grid Workshop Kits and I'm now interested in following up on my work and begin teaching again.  Do you know what I discovered?  Wow.  A whole sub-culture of Crystalline Grid teaching and learning systems are in place, clearly born from the original "Introduction to Crystalline Grids" workshop materials and kits that I used to share on eBay.  Wow again.  I have to say, it's a bit weird to see others selling full teaching systems that are based from something that I shared on eBay years ago, as I had no idea they were out there, but it's fantastic that the technique survived and has been thriving in my absence.  I just had other stuff to do for a few years. 

Of course, I've learned a lot since those original workshops were sold on eBay too, so I'm absolutely planning on expanding on that original information at some point; either by a video learning series, or a book, or whatever.  I'm still thinking about it.  Now that I am representing Enter the Earth, the grooviest rock supplier on the planet, I would start watching us for professionally packaged Crystalline Grid tools, templates, packaged grid stones, and whatnot, on both a wholesale and retail level.  I'm not working in my pajamas and going down to my basement workshop to put things together anymore.  I have access to the most incredible resources possible and I am so excited about it.   As in so many things in life, things go in cycles and sometimes you just end up full circle, so to speak.  In other words... "Hello again, you sweet, beautiful Grids.... Mamma is Baaaack!"      

Thank you to all the dedicated Grid Lovers and Teachers out there who have kept the technique alive and continue to share it with the world.   I appreciate that you followed your intuition to expand the work and likely discovered a few new tricks on your own.  Rock on! :)  I have always said that my deepest desire is to empower people to stand in their own connection to Divine Inspiration and Wisdom so that I eventually become irrelevant to anyone I teach.  Man-Oh-Man, mission accomplished!

Christopher and I have a brand new website and blog. :)  I'm going to leave archived blog articles up in here, but all new articles will be published under the new site.

Our new website is here:
http://www.etemetaphysical.com

Our new blog, which we have integrated together, is here:
http://blog.etemetaphysical.com/
   

No comments :

Post a Comment